700g rack of lamb
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup UmamiPapi Chilli Oil
1 pinch salt flakes
1 pinch pepper
1 cooking oil
1 handful chives
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Heat up a large fry pan with a good amount of canola oil.
- Season your lamb rack liberally with salt and pepper.
- Once your fry pan has heated up, add in your lamb rack fat side down to render.
- Sear until you have a nice caramelisation on the fat then turn over and brown the second side.
- Once you have a nice colour on your lamb rack remove then add it to a medium-sized baking dish.
- In a little saucepan add your honey and UmamiPapi Chilli Oil then cook over low heat and combine with a wooden spoon until the honey has softened then remove from the heat.
- Brush your lamb rack with your honey and UmamiPapi Chilli Oil mix and add to your hot oven for 5 minutes then remove and glaze again.
- We want to cook in 5-minute intervals for 15 minutes and glaze every time to reach a medium cook.
- If you have a meat thermometer, I pulled my lamb out at 58 degrees (it will continue to cook when you remove it from the oven)
- After 15 minutes remove your lamb from the oven.
- Give your lamb another brush with the glaze in the baking dish then rest for 15 minutes.
- Remove your lamb rack ready for cutting, don’t discard the juices as we will use this as a sauce.
- Once your lamb has rested, slice your rack of lamb.
- Serve them on a large plate and drizzle the remaining juices over the top.
- Finely chop your chives and sprinkle on top.
- Season with flaky salt.