1 big or 2 small heirloom tomatoes
2 tbsp peanut butter
5 tsp UmamiPapi Chilli Oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 red chilli pepper
1/4 cup water
1 bunch chives
1 pinch flaky salt
2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 slice good quality bread
- Slice your heirloom tomatoes then add them to a bowl.
- Sprinkle tomatoes generously with flaky salt and 2 teaspoons of UmamiPapi chili oil then set aside to marinade.
- In a fry pan over medium heat add in your olive oil.
- Add your bread slices and cook on 2 minutes each side or until golden then set aside.
- If you're using red chili, add it to the same fry pan to char then remove for blending.
- In a blender add in your peanut red wine vinegar, sesame oil, 3 teaspoons of UmamiPapi Chilli Oil, peanut butter, water, salt and optional chilli then blend until smooth.
- To assemble add your bread to the plate.
- Generously spoon on your satay sauce.
- Top satay sauce with marinated heirloom tomatoes.
- Garnish with chives and flaky salt.
- Drizzle remaining tomato umami juice over the top.