1 cup white rice
2 cups water
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp UmamiPapi Chilli Oil
2 tbsp UmamiPapi Chilli Oil
1 bunch fennel fronds
1 pinch flaky salt
- Wash your rice in a sieve to remove excess starch then add to a saucepan with water, let it boil then reduce heat to low and cover for around 10-12 minutes. When done turn off the heat and still keep the lid on to steam for 10 minutes.
- Add sesame oil to the rice and fluff with a fork.
- In a bowl, add your eggs and whisk until just combined.
- In a non-stick stick fry pan over medium-low heat add a knob of butter and 2 teaspoons of UmamiPapi oil only.
- Add in your eggs and using a silicone spatula gently fold eggs to create fluffy egg sheets.
- Remove from heat when it’s just about cooked as it’ll finish cooking when you serve.
- Add rice to a bowl.
- Place eggs on top of your rice.
- Drizzle UmamiPapi Chilli Oil on top.
- Garnish with fennel fronds and flaky salt.