1. Chop and slice the radish into fine strips using a mandolin and add to iced water.
2. Slice the red snapper fillet in half and into 4 smaller portions.
3. Chop the onion into small slices.
4. Slice the spring onion into small pieces.
5. Dice ginger and garlic.
6. Slice the red chilli pepper and remove the seeds with a spoon. Dice into small pieces.
7. Slice the beetroot into small slices and add to a blender to blend into small chunks.
8. Prepare your corn starch slurry by adding water and whisking with a chopstick.
9. Add the chopped onion into boiling water to cook for 30-60 seconds.
10. Sear the red snapper fillets in 2 tbsp of UmamiPapi Chilli Oil (just the oil) skin side down and flip once browned after (2-3 minutes) on medium heat.
11. In a separate pot, add the diced garlic, ginger and red chillies into the pot with 2 tbsp of UmamiPapi Chilli Oil (just the oil).
12. Once aromatic, add the chopped spring onions.
13. After 1-2 minutes add UmamiPapi Chilli Oil and the vegetable stock.
14. Add salt, pepper and soy sauce.
15. Pour the contents through a sieve to extract the umami Demi glacé.
16. Add corn starch slurry to thicken and mix.
17. Garnish serving plate with the blended beetroot, red snapper, radish, red leaf lettuce, onion and fennel leaves.
18. For the flambé, add rum to a small pot on high heat.
19. Once flaming, quickly add the umami demi glacé to the pot.
20. While the pot is still flaming, add the sauce in the centre of the serving plate.