1 knob ginger
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine (Shaoxing wine)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
4 tbsp UmamiPapi Chilli Oil
1 bunch spring onion
- Wash the clams in cold water before cooking to get rid of any debris.
- Mince the garlic.
- Slice the ginger into thin strips.
- Slice the spring onion into strips.
- To a hot wok, add cooking oil and the garlic and ginger. Fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the clams and Chinese cooking wine and stir. There should be a bit of water bubbling away in the wok at this point.
- Add UmamiPapi Chilli Oil and mix throughout the clams. There should be a dark orange sauce with a thicker consistency now forming.
- Add oyster sauce and mix.
- Once all the ingredients have been intertwined together, cover the wok with a lid and allow the clams to steam for 2-3 minutes. This will allow the shells to open.
- Remove the lid and add the spring onions and mix.