2 skin on salmon fillets
10 brussels sprouts
2 tbsp unhulled tahini
2 tbsp UmamiPapi Chilli Oil
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp tamari
1/4 cup water
1 bunch parlsey
1 pinch salt
1 tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Before adding your salmon fillets to the tray, carefully remove the salmon skin then place on a paper towel, dab the skin until dry then set aside later for frying.
- Place your skinless salmon fillet onto an oven safe tray.
- Add your sesame oil, tamari and 1 tablespoon of UmamiPapi Chilli Oil onto the salmon fillets and coat on both sides then set aside.
- Thinly slice your brussels sprouts.
- In a medium sized pan over medium high heat add in your avocado oil, once smoking add in your brussels sprouts.
- Season with salt and a touch more oil and stir quickly, we want to get those yummy char bits but still retain some chew, after 2 minutes remove from the heat and add to a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add in your tahini, 1 tablespoon of UmamiPapi Chilli Oil, water and lemon and whisk so you get a smooth thick paste then set aside.
- Add your salmon fillets to the oven, I cooked mine for around 5-6 minutes - depending on how you like it, I prefer medium rare. Just note that the salmon will keep cooking once you take it out of the oven.
- In a small pan over medium heat with a touch of avocado oil, add in your salmon skins to fry, we want to get these nice and crispy. Around 2 minutes on each side or until crispy and golden. Once done, place on some paper towels. Just note that once the salmon skins cool down they will crisp up even more.
- On a nice round place, spoon your tahini mixture into the centre of your plate and use the back of your spoon to make the base for your salmon.
- Spoon on your brussels sprouts onto the tahini mixture.
- Your salmon should be done by now, remove salmon from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Once rested, place salmon on your brussels sprouts.
- Place your crispy skin on top of the salmon with some flaky salt.
- Drizzle more UmamiPapi Chilli Oil over the top.
- Garnish with parsley.