1/2 Lebanese cucumber
1/2 1/4 cabbage
1 sprig spring onion
6 squeezes Kewpie mayonaise
4 tbsp UmamiPapi Chilli Oil
1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper
8 slices white bread
1 tbsp butter
- Boil water and wait for the water to begin to boil.
- Add the eggs and allow them to cook for 6 minutes on high heat.
- Prepare ice bath with cold water in a bowl.
- Slice cucumber into circles and then into further quarters.
- Slice the cabbage as thin as possible and then finely dice.
- Slice the spring onion into thin slices.
- After 6 minutes remove the eggs and allow them to rest in the ice bath.
- Remove the eggshells and add the eggs to a separate bowl.
- Use a potato masher to mash the eggs into small chunks and add the mayonnaise, vegetables, salt, pepper and UmamiPapi Chilli Oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread butter and mayonnaise onto the bread slices.
- Add the egg salad mix to the bread slices and spread evenly.
- Add additional UmamiPapi Chilli Oil if desired before assembling the sandwich.