500g pork mince
1 cup breadcrumbs
4 tbsp UmamiPapi Chilli Oil
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper
1 pinch poppy seeds
2 puff pastry sheets
- Slice the onion, celery and carrot into small chunks before adding them to a food processor.
- Blitz them until mushy.
- Chop the bacon into tiny cubes.
- Marinate the pork mince with UmamiPapi Chilli Oila and add fennel seeds, breadcrumbs, a whole egg and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix the ingredients by hand and then add olive oil to a pan and start cooking the onion, carrot and celery.
- Add the bacon and cook until all the moisture is out.
- Add the vegetables to the minced pork and add more UmamiPapi Chilli Oil before mixing again.
- Place into a piping bag and chop the corner before preparing your puff pastry to assemble the sausage rolls.
- Squeeze the mixture onto the pastry and slice the centre.
- Roll the pastry carefully and remove the plastic.
- Slice them into even pieces and make some incisions before placing onto a baking sheet.
- With a beaten egg, use the egg wash to brush each piece before adding a touch of UmamiPapi oil, salt and poppy seeds.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.