350g white rice
300g chicken thigh
1 piece ginger
115g light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp corn starch
Salt and pepper
4 bay leaf
1 tbsp white sugar
2 tbsp UmamiPapi Chilli Oil
½ Chinese sausage
2 shiitake mushrooms
1 bok choy
- Slice the bok choy horizontally.
- Using a chef’s knife, make cuts along the surface of the shiitake mushroom.
- Slice the Chinese sausage into diagonal slices.
- Slice the ginger into thin pieces.
- Cut chicken thighs into small pieces and marinate with the sliced ginger, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, tsp of UmamiPapi Chilli Oil and salt & pepper.
- Wash the rice before adding to the claypot and fill the claypot with water, getting the water level at your index finger. Turn the stove on medium heat.
- To make the sauce, start with the white sugar and a splash of water. Allow the sugar to melt.
- Next add the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, ginger, bay leaf and leave it to boil. Once boiling, make a corn starch slurry and mix well into the sauce.
- After the rice has been cooking for atleast 10 minutes, add the chicken and Chinese sausage. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Once the time is up, add the bok choy and shiitake mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once everything has been cooked, add the dark sauce that was prepared earlier with additional UmamiPapi Chilli Oil.