200g salmon sashimi fillet
1/2 cup sushi grade rice
2 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 pinch salt
4 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp UmamiPapi Chilli Oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
- Cook sushi grade rice and mix rice vinegar, sugar and salt with cooked rice.
- Wrap rice in cling wrap and flatten in a tray to become a rice block roughly 1-2cm in height.
- Store in the fridge overnight.
- Chop the salmon into small cubes.
- Mix the mayonnaise and UmamiPapi Chilli Oil.
- Add the salmon to the umami mayo and mix well. Add soy sauce and lime juice.
- Remove the rice from the cling wrap and slice into even rectangles.
- Fry rice chunks in cooking oil over high heat until the bases have browned. Flip and brown the top side.
- Start plating the rice chunks on a plate and add salmon cubes on top.
- Slice jalapeño into thin slices and garnish the salmon rice bites.