1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp Korean red chilli paste (Gochujang)
1 tbsp UmamiPapi Chilli Oil
2 sticks Chinese sausage
1 small brown onion
2 pinches salt
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 cups kimchi
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp sesame oil
300g pre-cooked rice from the night before
1 spring onion
1 pinch sesame seeds
- Prepare all the ingredients by slicing the Chinese sausage, onion, garlic and spring onion.
- To make the umami butter, add butter, Gochujang and UmamiPapi Chilli Oil to a bowl and mix until it becomes a paste.
- Bring the pan/wok to medium heat and add the Chinese sausage until it browns. Be careful not to burn them as it browns quite quickly.
- Add the onions and stir fry until they brown.
- Add salt and brown sugar to help the onions caramelise.
- Add the kimchi and allow the kimchi to roast in the wok.
- Add the garlic and stir fry with all the ingredients.
- Add the pre-cooked rice and turn the heat to high. Ensure that you use the spatula to break up any clumps of rice.
- Add the umami butter, sesame oil and salt and continue to stir until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed and the butter is fully melted.
- Fry an egg sunny side up in a separate pan.
- Transfer the rice from the wok to a serving plate and add the egg on top.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion and sesame seeds. Add additional UmamiPapi Chilli Oil if desired.