1 Ciabatta bread roll
1 handful rocket lettuce
8 cherry tomatoes
1 pinch dried mixed herbs
4 tbsp kewpie mayonaise
2 tbsp UmamiPapi Chilli Oil
1 block haloumi cheese
1 bunch rosemary
1 bunch thyme
1 bulb garlic
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place garlic in aluminium foil and lather with UmamiPapi Chilli Oil.
- Wrap the garlic in the foil and place into the oven for 40 minutes.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and sprinkle the mixed herbs onto chopped tomatoes. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Combine UmamiPapi Chilli Oil with the mayonnaise and mix well. Place it in the fridge for later.
- Once the garlic is cooked, remove from the oven and set aside for approximately 7 minutes. Once it has cooled add the garlic to the butter. Mix well and keep it in the fridge.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Add cooking oil to a hot pan and sear both sides for 3-4 minutes each, depending on how you like your steak.
- Finish the steak off in the pan by adding butter with rosemary and thyme and then basting the steak.
- Toast the bread with the leftover butter in the pan.
- Slice the haloumi cheese into long strips and cook both side on a grill pan.
- Slice the steak into horizontal strips.
- Spread the garlic butter on both sides of the bread.
- Assemble the sandwich by adding the rocket, steak, umami mayo, cherry tomatoes and haloumi.
- Finish with a final drizzle of UmamiPapi Chilli Oil.
- Slice in half and enjoy!