4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
500g can peeled/diced tomatoes
500g pork mince
500g beef mince
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
2 tbsp UmamiPapi Chilli Oil
3-4 leaves fresh basil
- Start by adding Extra virgin olive oil to a pan on low to medium heat.
- Empty the canned tomatoes and rinse the can with a bit of cold water and add.
- Move the tomatoes around in the pan and once they cover the surface, put a lid on and turn the heat to low.
- In a bowl, add the pork mince, beef mince, salt, black pepper, grated parmesan, shaved garlic, breadcrumbs, whole egg, chopped parsley and UmamiPapi Chilli Oil.
- Mix thoroughly with your hands until everything is entirely mixed.
- Once properly mixed, create the meatballs by gently rolling them in the palms of your hands in a circular motion. Repeat until you have enough meatballs desired.
- While the red sauce is reducing, in a separate pan add Extra virgin olive oil over medium heat and add the meatballs one by one, making sure they do not crowd the pan otherwise they will not brown.
- Flip the meatballs after 2-3 minutes, ensuring you have a nice, brown crust on the sides.
- Once browned on both sides, remove the lid from the red sauce and add the meatballs. Add the lid back on and allow the meatballs to cook in the sauce for another 15 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the lid and coat the meatballs in the sauce.
- Plate the meatballs ensuring you are generous with the red sauce.
- Grate Parmesan cheese and tear up some basil leaves.
- Drizzle a touch of just the oil of UmamiPapi Chilli Oil.
- Serve with pasta, rice, bread or simply on its own.